From title work to litigation, we are an experienced, full-service practice with high-volume capabilities.
What Makes Us Different?
From title work to litigation, the Burns White Energy Group offers a wide range of legal services to the energy industry. We can be your trusted counsel throughout the entire land acquisition process, including providing quality abstracts, title certification, and deed drafting, in addition to providing assistance in curing any title defects.
Throughout exploration, development and production, we can also advise your business on a host of regulations under the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT), and Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC). We are also primed to handle any problems along the way, including issues with subcontractors or other service providers, lease or royalty disputes, and accidents ranging from the minor to the catastrophic.
With nearly 20 attorneys in the Energy Group, we are well positioned to handle multiple, high-volume projects on tight deadlines while ensuring high quality standards. The size of our team further allows us to be attentive to your needs every step of the way by regularly communicating helpful recommendations and important updates.
Multi-Layer Title Review Process
To ensure that you are provided with the highest quality and most accurate due diligence review or title opinion possible, all of our due diligence projects and certified title opinions go through a stringent multi-layer review process.
Cross-Practice Group Support
Backed by a full-service law firm with more than 130 lawyers, the Energy Group has the capability to draw from the knowledge and resources of other areas in the firm to handle more specialized matters related to Business Practices, Workers’ Compensation, Employment Law, and Banking and Financial Services, where appropriate.
At Burns White, and in the Energy Practice Group, we believe that being a diverse and dynamic workforce is critical to our ability to understand, innovate, and adapt to our clients’ changing needs. As part of the firm’s diversity initiative, we strive to actively recruit, retain, and advance a diverse workforce. The combined talent of our diverse team ensures that we are capable of protecting clients’ interests in the best way possible, through developing creative solutions for legal problems and anticipating needs.
Diversity is achieved at our firm through the development of a culture in which all individuals are afforded the opportunity to excel. Our Diversity Committee and Womens’ Initiative routinely provide mentorship opportunities and an open forum to discuss our successes, challenges, and recommendations for improvement.
Burns White is proud of the diversity we have achieved in our firm. As a result of our group’s targeted efforts:
- Nearly 50% of the Energy Group’s associates are women.
- The Energy Group is also comprised of attorneys from all over the United States, with significant professional history in a number of industries.
At the Burns White Energy Group, we care about more than just the industry we love; we are also dedicated to giving back to the communities in which we live and work.
Outside of the legal profession, you will find us volunteering for various non-profit organizations such as the Western Pennsylvania Humane Society, the North Hills Community Outreach “Ask the Attorney” Program, Pressley Ridge, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Greater Pittsburgh, Inc., and others. Some current projects include:
- Partnership with the University of Pittsburgh School of Law’s student leadership to host Energy networking events, release energy publications, and develop energy law curriculum
- Sponsorship of and participation on the Junior Achievement of Western Pennsylvania Young Professionals Board of Directors
- Sponsorship and active participation in key energy associations, including the Pennsylvania Independent Oil and Gas Association (PIOGA), Ohio Oil and Gas Association (OOGA), the Independent Oil and Gas Association (IOGA) of West Virginia, and Young Professionals in Energy (YPE)
- Participation in community outreach programs with the McKees Rock Clinic, Neighborhood Legal Services, and the North Hills Community Outreach of Pittsburgh